International project with the participation of Alianza Región and SEQUA,
Hannover and Medellín Chamber of Commerce and Industry, AHK-Colombia and HOTQUA
The project took place in three stages:
- Training on Administrative and Operational Quality Standards,
- Coaching to adapt and implement sustainable quality standards
- Document verification and auditing of sustainable quality standards
Project companies in Oriente Antioqueo
Introduction and review of sustainable quality standards
for Schubert's Oderbruch country guesthouses in Brandenburg
- Quality standards for the management and quality representatives
- Quality standards for the office and staff
- Quality standards for reception and reservations
- Quality standards for housekeeping and technology
- Quality standards for the kitchen and breakfast
- Quality standards for marketing and sales
INTRO Workshop for the introduction of the sustainable quality standards
The Hotel Stadt Löbau works with the sustainable quality standards of HOTQUA.
The following quality standards were adapted and introduced/implemented in the hotel:
- Quality standards for the hotel management & quality representatives
- Quality standards for administration & personnel office
- Quality standards for marketing & sales
- Quality standards for reception & reservations
- Quality standards for housekeeping & technology
- Quality standards for breakfast & service
- Quality standards for kitchen & catering
Alianza Región organised an International Conference on Sustainable Tourism on 18.02.2021.
- Projects from Colombia, Brazil and Germany were presented.
- The participants came from 17 countries and three continents.
- HOTQUA presented the project "Quality and Sustainability in Hotels from ANTIOQUIA".
- We thank the organisers and sponsors: Alianza Región and SEQUA,
the IHK Hannover and Medellin, as well as the AHK Colombia for supporting this project.
- Here is the link to our PPS of the project Quality and Sustainability
Quality management according to DIN EN ISO 9001 in medical practices
- Updating QM documentation
- Document review and audit preparation
- Auditing: Interview of the practice management and employees
- Audit report: improvements and corrections
Dealing with change: Transformation through crises:
Axel Biermann, Managing Director, Ruhr Tourismus GmbH
Innovation networks and sustainable tourism models:
- From South Tyrol to Indonesia, Prof. Dr. Anna Scuttari,
- Faculty of Tourism, Munich University of Applied Sciences
- Axel Biermann - Ruhr Tourismus GmbH,
- Prof. Dr. Scuttari - Munich University of Applied Sciences,
- Axel Hefer - trivago N.V.,
- Achim Laurs - Lindner Hotels AG,
- Dr Andreas Hofmann - GIZ
Development and review of a franchise concept for a medium-sized company in Berlin:
- Administrative & Operational Quality Standards
- Franchise candidates & partners
- Franchise Products & Offers
- Franchise System & Marketing
- Franchise Education & Training
Workshop and development of a hygiene management concept according to
HACCP for a 4-star wellness hotel with the following content:
- Hygiene principles > Exercise
- Hazard analysis > Exercise
- Work procedures & instructions > Exercise
- Infection protection law according to §§42/43
- Hygiene checklists & templates> Exercise
- Recommendations & tips > Exercise
- Final test with multiple choice questions
- Developed hygiene concept with over 40 pages
Summary HOTQUA Training & Further Education 2020:
- In 2020, we held a total of 20 workshops with almost 200 participants from 16 companies
- Over 80% of the courses were in-house online trainings.
- Unfortunately, face-to-face events had to be ceased almost completely due to Corona limitations.
- The most popular seminar topics were: sustainable quality management and efficient quality standards with 30%; with 10% each hygiene management (HACCP), housekeeping, data protection, marketing, personnel management, cleaning and disinfection, and coronavirus protection strategies
- The most popular workshop times were the 4th quarter (40%) and the 2nd quarter (30%)
- The face-to-face events took place in Berlin, North Rhine-Westphalia and Saxony.
- The online participants came from Germany, Austria and Honduras.
- Languages: 90% German and 10% Spanish
- Publication of specialist books: Hygiene Management (German, English), Servir con Estilo (Spanish), Efficient Marketing for Hotels and Restaurants (German, English, Spanish), 5 Pasos de la Venta (Spanish) and Housekeeping (Spanish and Portuguese, we had already published German and English in 2016).
- Download our company presentation here:
- We would like to thank our clients, partners and workshop participants for the excellent, health conscious cooperation in this exceptional year for ALL of us. We look forward to a better year and stay healthy, Frank and Martha Höchsmann.